If I’d lived my life by what others were thinkin’, the heart inside me would’ve died

I was just too stubborn to ever be governed by enforced insanity

Someone had to reach for the risin’ star, I guess it was up to me

"Up to Me" by Bob Dylan)

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

What color is your day?

Dad used to ask his children: What color of day will it be? Today was a fine day---reminds me of Ireland's thick full breasted Spring sky and now we are into June by one week! I am working the soils and it is such a wondrous and beautiful---to help nature and God with the fine details of his vegetable world. The rabbits are doing wonderful---very prolific---mothers digging nests and stuffing their mouths the wee kits and bunnies feeling the exuberance of this calm day---they are at play. Olivia (pictured below) kept guard over the yard and acted as a "captain" of the territory---in charge! Two cats had begun to creep in on Sherpa (lop-eared rabbit)---I caught them just in time---a third back-up was on the way. After routing out the cats, I picked up Sherpa who looked at me quizzically: I said, "You know, Sherpa, it is time for you to go inside." The day is magnificent---Walt Whitman calls it a "specimen day". Van Morrison sings about the country fair---and the "wide open day". It is a "soft-cushioned" day meaning that the edges are soft and the sounds are muffled, the overall effect is soothing. I can hear Dad asking me, "Son what color is your day?" It is the rich brown of rabbit soil! 

No comments: