If I’d lived my life by what others were thinkin’, the heart inside me would’ve died

I was just too stubborn to ever be governed by enforced insanity

Someone had to reach for the risin’ star, I guess it was up to me

"Up to Me" by Bob Dylan)

Saturday, January 14, 2017

But is it Ethical?--NY Times Article

Head of Ethics Office Speaks Out. Some Republicans Ask, Was It Ethical?


https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/13/us/politics/walter-shaub-ethics-oversight-jason-chaffetz.html?_r=0

AS a veteran instructor of ethics, I see the irony in this title! I wonder what qualifies this "Head of Ethics" to lead this task---did he practice turning the cheek more than the other guy, or did practice the Golden Rule in season and out of season, or perhaps he studied 'ethics'? In any case, I fear that he will be unable to determine "was it ethical?" Not only in this case, but in any case. By what measure will he determine this, evaluate it---what will be his measuring stick?

No comments: