If I’d lived my life by what others were thinkin’, the heart inside me would’ve died

I was just too stubborn to ever be governed by enforced insanity

Someone had to reach for the risin’ star, I guess it was up to me

"Up to Me" by Bob Dylan)

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Winter Storm

Emerald blue chunks of dipping ice
in aquagreen Lake Michigan.

Words swirl up from my heart echoing and whispering
Never arriving to the glory of the day.
O mighty oak plying your silver fingers to the raging sky!
Silver cloud clutches you in his palm
like a Schoolboy and his yellow marble
Then he tosses you into emerald blue night
Over the frozen sea
Flying you gently home.

I am reaching for you and flying
My words gather me from the street
But my flight is pretended,
I have not left my seat.

Snow madly dances beyond my silent window;
The blizzard blows,
In the winter storm that is your love.

No comments: