If I’d lived my life by what others were thinkin’, the heart inside me would’ve died

I was just too stubborn to ever be governed by enforced insanity

Someone had to reach for the risin’ star, I guess it was up to me

"Up to Me" by Bob Dylan)

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Reflections At Christmastime-2016

I am feeling more compassionate, by the grace of God, as we enter the twenties of december twenty-sixteen. Ironically, it is not compassion toward family and friends that I consider, but rather, those who from habit or insult are deemed enemies. Each person is one step away from salvation---one step!

Let this be a hardened criminal, a pedophile, a corrupt politician---with Christ's eyes I see a man or woman and I know that, like them, I am but for the grace of God a serious sinner. So I must in all good faith leave my judgement aside, this person is one step away from salvation.

How to explain this? See the Apostles to the Geeks blog: http://apostletothegeeks.blogspot.com/2016/12/i-come-at-this-strange-time-as-apostle.html


No comments: