If I’d lived my life by what others were thinkin’, the heart inside me would’ve died

I was just too stubborn to ever be governed by enforced insanity

Someone had to reach for the risin’ star, I guess it was up to me

"Up to Me" by Bob Dylan)

Monday, May 18, 2015

Spriritual Retreats at St. Vincent's Archabbey

Yesterday I returned from my self-guided silent retreat at ST. Vincent's---what a rich experience I had! The retreat was 'silent' but I must admit I did not do well with silence---and was talking up a storm. I am reflecting upon this wondrous mystical experience and the profundity of the Benedictine community, their intensity and earnestness in seeking God, and the excellent direction I received. Thanks to Brother Hugh Lester, retreatmaster, Fr. Robert, spiritual director and all of the fellow retreatants who contributed to this much needed time to get away from the day to day workings of the world and to chant with the monks and enter into the mystical, sacramental life of the church! Thanks be to God!

Summer Retreats at St. Vincent's


No comments: