If I’d lived my life by what others were thinkin’, the heart inside me would’ve died

I was just too stubborn to ever be governed by enforced insanity

Someone had to reach for the risin’ star, I guess it was up to me

"Up to Me" by Bob Dylan)

Sunday, April 19, 2015

"Damn it Pete, Your God is too SMALL" (Dennis Blalock, April 2004)

The Dimensionless Challenge!


How big is Your God---so big that the bigness empties into tinyness? I say, it's not big enough. How about tinier than peering into a Higgs-Boson field and seeing the dimmest visible flickering of energy or light? My friend, I say, that is not small enough!

Bob (Robert Archer Smith) solves this challenge with a wave of the hand: "The universe is dimensionless."

"Dimensionless?" I ask.

"Yes, as the apostle Paul tells us:

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. St. Paul to Romans 8:36-37

"He's so far out the only way out is in..." (Paul McCartney, "The Man on the Flaming Pie")

No comments: