If I’d lived my life by what others were thinkin’, the heart inside me would’ve died

I was just too stubborn to ever be governed by enforced insanity

Someone had to reach for the risin’ star, I guess it was up to me

"Up to Me" by Bob Dylan)

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Tribute to Bugz


We know almost nothing about the 'real life' of the rabbit. You may surmise that a certain behavior 'means' something, but there is no way to know for certain that this is not merely a projection.


The rabbit likewise ia at a los what to make of human behavior. However, we are both 'mammalian' (see previous posts for discussion of mammalian features)---the key thing being the womb and breastfeeding, hence affection with the mother.


The sexual life for a rabbit kicks in immediately whereas for human beings this is rather complex, with an early 'psychosexual development (Freud)' and a period of latency (ages 6-12 or 13) and then puberty.


Puberty is the best time to instruct a young man in philosophy, I do not know why.
The photo above was taken several years ago of Bugs, my pet lop eared rabbit (she passed---her tribute is in the archives http://crunchkin.blogspot.com/2006/11/bugz-gravesite-ii.html). The relationship was truly unique. The playful game of placing her head into the hole she gnawed through the curtain never ceased to amaze me. She was more affectionate, and sociable, even though I was a human person! My rabbits now are more aloof, or as I like to say "their instincts are more intact" i.e., they are wild and more bonded to their clan of rabbits.

No comments: